Saturday, September 3, 2011

30 Days of Lists

Journaling is one of the more important aspects of my crafting.  I love to tell stories and get emotions out on paper.  When I saw the class '30 Days of Lists', I had to jump right in. The object of the class is to get you to write every day, whether its a full art journal page/scrapbook layout, or just a little post-it note.  

Ironically enough, I had already created the shell of a mini-book for this exact purpose--random notes and lists that I wanted to write down. So when I picked up the class, I thought it would be the perfect book to use. Its made out of two sheets of canvas board which I painted with mist, stamped, and added some misted trim to. It is binded with three binder ring holes so that I can insert pages as needed.



The first prompt was September's Goals, which is something I've been thinking about a lot lately.  As summer is winding down, I really feel the need to get back into more of a routine. For this page  I used a vintage timesheet as my base, and washi taped around the edges. On the front I glued down a Maya Road September sheer calender spot, placed some Studio Calico Fab-rip over it, and added some thickers for my title. On the back I just wrote my journaling in a list format with arrows.


Anyone else playing along with '30 Days of Lists'? I'd love to see what other book concepts people are coming up with.