Monday, September 26, 2011

Guest Designing @ YourScrapbookStash

Hi Hi!

I was asked to be the September Guest Designer for YourScrapbookStash.com and I couldn't be more excited. Aside from my SC kits, I do a majority of my online scrappy shopping here, and the products and customer service are really top notch.




Here's a couple pictures of the kit I was sent to play with, it was filled with Pink Paislee Mistables, Echo Park Victoria Gardens, May Arts ribbon, and some great mists to play with.

For my first project, I created a little step-by-step tutorial on how to make a cute little hair accessory out of the Pink Paislee Mistable Flowers.

Here's a link to the tutorial on yourscrapbookstash.com's blog; as well as a photo of my project!


Here are the step-by-step instructions:

Step One: Grab the mistables flower package and cut off the bottom flower, leaving the cardboard attached to the flower. It will be a lot easier to work with the flower if its still attached to the cardboard package. 

Step Two: Grab a non-foam paintbrush and the Glam Glitter paint. Start to add layers of the paint to the flower let it mostly dry before adding more layers. 

Step Three: Once you are happy with the color and coverage let the flower completely dry. The paint will harden the flower. 

Step Four: Use a hot glue gun to add a button to the center of the flower. Now you have a great little hair clip to add to your accessories!

Thanks very much to my sister for modeling the hair clip and thanks to all of you for taking a look!