Thursday, May 3, 2012

Be Awesome Today: A Fanciful Frames Layout

Hi hi Everyone!


I'm so excited to finally share this layout with you -- I've been working on it for quite some time. It was one of those projects where I would just add a couple of things here and there every couple of days. And I wound up with one of my favorite layouts of all time. 


This layout was originally see on the Basically Bare blog: http://basicallybareonline.com/wordpress/?p=3500


The bright colors of Pink Paislee's Spring Jubilee really pop on neutral backgrounds, so I grabbed the newspaper patterned sheet as my background and worked from there.  I added some Pink Paislee rub-ons (Spring Jubilee and She Art collections) to the neutral background, and matted the entire layout on bright green patterned paper.
I loved the idea of painting the Basically Bare chipboard Frames a stark black (using the amazing Zig black painty markers) and using them to frame the ultra bright pink and blue papers. The Zig painty markers really do make it super easy to paint chipboard. I keep them right on my desk at all times. I also used them to paint over the foam Thickers in my title, easily making my own coordinating alpha -- I've used this trick about seven or eight times now! 

I used three separate Basically Bare Fanciful frames: one for my photo (approx. 4×6) and then two more for the patterned papers.  After backing the frames, I played around with the arrangement a little until I was satisfied. 

As you can see I stacked the center frame with the photo, on top of the two other frames. This gave the layout a lot of dimension right at the focal point. 

One of my favorite parts of this layout is this little embellishment cluster to the bottom left of the photo.  The acrylic heart is a part of the LOVEly locket set, I trimmed off the lock piece at the top, and I was left with a clear acrylic heart. Also in the cluster are a chipboard star from the Celestial Shapes collection as well as a chipboard button from the Buttons collection; those are both covered with a coordinating patterned paper from the Spring Jubilee collection. 
I added Pink Paislee ‘She Art’ rub-ons to the top of both the acrylic heart and the chipboard star, just to give it a little bit more of a artsy, textured feel.
Thank you so much for letting me share this with you!
--Kristin