Friday, August 24, 2012

Project Life: Week 30 | At the Newport Folk Festival


Week 30 | At the Newport Folk Festival

Project Life is a Memory Keeping System by Becky Higgins. I've changed a couple things around to make it work for me. I post regularly on several Project Life topics and you can view those here

This week I'm sharing a page from the last week in July. Jeff and I spent a long weekend in Newport, RI, hanging out at our favorite bed & breakfast and hitting up the Newport Folk Festival. This week's spread is filled with bright colors and geometric patterns.



Like last week's spread, I used the 4x6 pocket to create an over-arching theme for the week. Because most of our adventures were at the Folk Festival, it was natural to make that the biggest pocket. 


The photo mat is made up of a whisker graphics lined bag and a white office tag. I used a pen to doodle a frame around the photo, something that I've been doing a lot lately to add a little bit more interest. 


These hexagon die-cuts from Studio Calico are an easy way to reinforce the geometric patterns of the spread and show off the dates for the week.  


I really didn't want to have an entire pocket dedicated to little car, so I added this pictures I took of my new hat to balance out some of the sadness with a little bit of cheer. 


The black/white photo and the colorful pocket really complement each other. All of the stamping was done with versamark ink to keep the images crisp and a dark black. 


Love this view! The 'live' die-cut reinforces the softness of the photo, and the October Afternoon arrow die-cuts are perfect for any project life page. 


A pic of me and Jeffrey! Contact lenses for me at the festival so that I didn't get annoyed by rain on my glasses lol. The sentiment and hearts are both from Lawn Fawn. I love that writing and the little doodles. 


I wanted to include one shot of the overall 'festival' experience, and I thought this one fit the bill. The washi tape on the bottom is from Target -- $4 for 4 rolls, and they come in a variety of colors. 


Two small pictures showing off some of my favorite acts at the show. I'm really enjoying putting multiple small photos on a single pocket. I can easily tell a little bit more of the story without bogging it down with lots of extra journaling. 



InLinkz.com

Thanks so much for stopping by!

The winner of last week's Project Life Giveaway was announced at the bottom of last week's post.

I also have a giveaway for a spot in the upcoming September class 30 Days of Lists! If you've already registered for #30Lists try to win a spot for a friend!