Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote Today.

Today is Election Day in the US.  Even though I don't talk about politics on this blog, I am a very civic-minded person. My long term plans include a PhD in Political Science, studying Women and American Politics and I'm currently writing my senior thesis on a topic involving women and the US Congress. But I urge you -- whatever your politics (if any) to get out and make your voice heard today. There are national candidates, local candidates, ballot questions, etc. Your voice can be heard.





I want to make the point that I personally think it is VERY important for women to get out and vote. Less than 100 years ago we weren't allowed to cast our ballots. Brave and courageous women were arrested, jailed and abused while standing up for women's suffrage. Remember those women today when you go to the polls.

Women march in a rally supporting the right for women to vote in elections, 1912. [AP File Photo]
You might have heard, 'It doesn't matter who you vote for, just vote.' I tend to disagree with this sentiment. It shouldn't matter to anyone else, but it should matter to you. So pick a candidate, pick an issue, make it yours, and then get out and vote today. 

Don't know where your polling location is: https://www.google.com/search?q=polling+locations