Sunday, February 3, 2013

Internet Friends & Social Media

People can say what they want about the internet causing people to be less social. Or that technology makes people have fewer meaningful relationships. But I can say with absolute fact that the internet has only served to enhance my relationships. I have met some of the most incredible people and cultivated some of the best relationships of my life with the help of the internet. 



I think that too often, blaming technology is used as a crutch. Just because technology can change the way we interact with other people, doesn't make it any better or any worse. We all need to work on cultivating the important relationships in our lives and for me being online is one of the best ways to do that. 

I love online friends. I'm an introvert at heart (an INFJ to be specific) and hanging out in big crowds really exhausts me, but I love getting to know people, learning new things, and making new friends. 

I like to think that I'm a pretty accessible blogger. I respond to every single one of my comments, I like to engage on facebook, instagram and twitter. One of the best parts about internet friends is the experiences you open yourself up to. When you learn about people from all over the country and all over the world it broadens your horizons and makes you a better, more well-rounded person. 

To the people that I've been friends with for more than 14 years and to the people that I've just had the pleasure of meeting this past year, thank you all for being a part of my life.


Here are my social media links, be my internet friend :) Leave your links in the comments section for me to follow back!