Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Preparing for: A Modern Passover Celebration

Jeff and I are hosting our own Passover celebration this Friday evening. We were originally supposed to attend his family's seder on Monday night, but the weather was playing games with us and we weren't able to make it. While I was visiting Julie Fei-Fan Balzer a few weeks back, she suggested that Jeff and I host our own Passover dinner and start our own tradition. So when we were unable to attend Monday night's dinner, I suggested that we do just that. Also, I'm a sucker for any celebration that involves making a huge meal and storytime.

image source: Haggadot.com

For those of you who are new to Passover here are a few resources that also explain my frame of reference:
  1. Passover
  2. The New American Haggadah
  3. Everything I Know about Passover I Learned from Rugrats
  4. A Rugrats Passover: Full Video
As with any good celebration, I started a Pinterest board to collect my favorite pictures, recipes, and ideas.



Here are the recipes that we've decided to go with:
We'll also be celebrating Easter on Sunday and TableTopDay on Saturday! A very full weekend at the Kristin-Jeffrey household. For everyone who is celebrating this week/weekend, good luck and have a very happy holiday!