Monday, March 25, 2013

Put Together A Beautiful Photo-Book in Less than 60 Minutes

A few weeks ago, as an affliate with Blurb Books, I was offered an early bird trial of Blurb's new Designer Photo Book Templates. I had a ton of really great photos from our trip to Southern California and I thought this would be a great place to showcase all the pictures in one place.  

A couple of honest thoughts about the book and the process: 

  1. I appreciated the designer template for making a quick photo book. It took me less than an hour to make the entire book from start to finish. 
  2. The templates are limiting, which was a bit of a hindrance a times. On the other hand, designing a digital photo-book can be incredibly time consuming, and there are several times where I've started a photo book and never finished it and so maybe its a good thing that there is a 'you can't spend 20 hours tweaking every last detail of your book' option. 
  3. The all white option (the one I chose) is great if you want to add journaling later on. I intentionally left one of my pages blank so that I could write on the entire page. 
  4. The quality is awesome. The colors in my pictures are fully saturated, not washed out at all. 
  5. The designer edition books are small (7x7) which makes them great for smaller vacation books, a bridal/baby shower book, graduation, a 'favorites' type photo book, etc -- I think it would be too small for major vacations or weddings. 
Here are a few pages from my completed book. If you'd like to create your own book, use the code DESIGNMYBOOK to receive 20% off your order. 














Offer Code: DESIGNMYBOOK | What it's good for: 20% Off Designer Book Templates only* | Expires: 3/31/13

*Fine print: Get 20% USD, AUD, CAD or EUR off your Blurb Designer Bookify product total up to $150. Offer expires March 31, 2013 11.59pm local time. May only be used once per customer and on books created by you. May not be combined with any other coupons, volume discount or applied retroactively to previous orders.


As an affiliate with Blurb, I do receive a small commission when one of my readers clicks on one of the above links and chooses to make a purchase through Blurb. There is never any extra cost to the reader. While I may receive products from Blurb (and other companies) at a free or discounted rate, this does not affect the way in which I review the product. My thoughts are always my own and always honest.. My first responsibility is always to the reader and I would never purposefully try to encourage the purchase of a product that I don't believe in. I'll have a few more thoughts later this week about ethical affiliate selling and where it fits into the blogging experience.