Monday, January 24, 2011

Mojo Monday - Get Crafty--ReUse It!

Gooooood Morning everyone!


Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm pretty bummed about the Jets loss :/. Piggy is even more upset than I am; but she says there is always next year; and another year for Mark Sanchez to mature will only help everyone. 


But Monday morning always brings us a new Mojo Monday, and today is no different!!


Today's Mojo Monday is a Get Crafty challenge from Kim called ReUse It



Ok, we are all guilty of it! We hold on to things because we know we can reuse it. Here is the time to do it. Your first Get Crafty challenge is to reuse an item not intended for scrapbooking to make something pretty! For this challenge you need to reuse something that would normally be thrown away and make a layout, card, or altered project out of it. 
[Head over to the thread to] take a look at what the CT made out of our "junk"!

Here is my project. See anything you recognize? its the project I was working on Friday night and posted sneaks of!! I absolutely love how it came out.


And the junk that I used? This cut out sheet of chipboard! It came with one of the board games I got for Christmas. After I punched out all of the little game pieces, I looked at it and said---hey! That would make a great mask! So I used that to mask the background with a bunch of mist colors to create that circle pattern.


I worked a whole bunch on my Project Life: Memorabilia Album over the weekend, so I'll have a bunch of stuff to share with you tomorrow! I'm really liking how this is turning out as well.  Its been a great learning experience. Between using more "memorabilia" type stuff in my work, and trying out some more mixed media techniques, I've really learned a lot in the past couple weeks. 

Over on the Project Life blog, Jessica Bree just put up a new post about using memorabilia to create your pages themselves. This is a lot of what I've been doing, and she showcases it fantastically--so head on over to the blog and check out her new pages, they are fantastic!

Also! I hope to have lots of great muffin pictures up tomorrow! The muffins were seriously fantastic, and I highly recommend the recipe to everyone! The ONLY thing I would change at all, is mixing in a little bit of the jam before putting all the batter into each of the muffin tins. I can't wait to make them again!