Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Talk Tuesday -- Introspection and Forgiveness

We're back for another Talk Tuesday  -- come join the conversation over at Creative Soup


In honor of Passover and Easter this week; we're going to talk about introspection and forgiveness. 

Every day of our lives there are things that annoy us and get under our skin. Whether its that pickup truck that cut you off on the highway, the person talking obnoxiously loud on their cell phone, or any of the other little things that can get us down. In order to be truly happy, we need to find a way to get past these small annoyances. We need to look inside ourselves and realize that forgiving those who may have wronged us will actually result in greater happiness for ourselves. 

Today, I'd like you to talk about a time where you were able to examine your own thoughts and forgive someone else; and the resulting happiness it caused for you.

For me, I used to hold grudges constantly--if I felt that someone wronged me, then I would spend time in my head reasoning out why they were bad, or weren't worth my time. I spent much of my teen years really disliking a close family member, which caused problems during holidays, problems for other family members, etc.  I finally come to realize that if someone has wronged me, its not worth my time and effort to worry about it.  If it has no lasting repercussions, then I can generally brush it off and tell myself that everyone has their own issues, and I shouldn't let them bring me down.  It was a really hard lesson to learn, but I think it was definitely one of the best lessons I've ever learned. And the overall impact it has had on my happiness is immeasurable.   


I know today's topic is a bit heavier than most, but still try to have fun with it