Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Scrapping

We spend our summers taking lots of little trips, and doing fun day-activities. I wanted to make sure I scrapped all of this summer's fun memories. I've been working on this fun little mini-book with binder rings, so that I could scrap events as they are happening.

Today I'm going to show you my set-up, and a step-by-step tutorial on how I've been creating my pages.

First, here is the cover of my book. Its two chipboard sheets, some stuff from the Elle's Studio "Savoring Summer" kit, and binded together with three binder rings.

Photobucket

Second, here is the box that I take with me in my suitcase or overnight bag.  I have a tape runner, liquid adhesive, two journaling pens, scissors, a couple of embellishments, and some pre-cut pages I've made out of tags or scraps. 


Photobucket

While I was away, I grabbed one of the tags, and started my journaling. Telling the story of what was going on at the time.  I knew I had a bunch of pictures to add, so I just kept this simple with words and some doodling.



Photobucket

As soon as I got home, I printed out the pictures that I wanted to use. 



Photobucket

I attached the photo of the Cape May houses to the front of the tag. 


Photobucket

And some pictures of us at the beach to the back of the tag. 


Photobucket

I created a hole template out of cardboard, so that I would know where to use my crop-a-dile on each of the pages. 

Photobucket

Once the holes are punched, I put it right in the book. This book is in chronological order, but you could put them in any way you'd like.


Photobucket

Thanks so much for looking!