Monday, January 23, 2012

Blank Journaling Cards


Scrapping can be a time intensive hobby; taking photos, designing pages, writing the stories. I used to think I needed a few hours to even start playing around. This led to not much scrapping getting done. Which I must admit, is pretty crappy.  Especially because scrapping, and crafting in general, makes me happier and more productive all around.

Fortunately I've come up with a few different ways to be scrappy even when I don't have a lot of time on my hands. Lately I've been playing around with some blank journaling cards. Stamping, alpha stickers, doodling, etc. Basically whatever I grabbed out of my stash. Sometimes it just feels good to make something, even if it is only a couple inches big. It may sound silly, but I think I sleep better when I have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the night.

Here are a couple of examples of some blank journaling cards that I spruced up with my stash (see if you can spot the super old-school Studio Calico stamps).


I was thinking this would be a great card to stick in a Project Life pocket as a placeholder for when I'm waiting for photos to be printed. 


When using a big stamp and overlapping, remember to stick more than one journaling card in there and get the most out of your image. 


Quick stamp at the bottom of the grid cards will make for easier storytelling later on. These are the kinds of cards that I like to grab in the middle of the week and just jot down a quick anecdote. 


I figure you can't ever go wrong with frames. You can journal inside them, add a photo, embellish them more, or just leave them as is. 


The new Jenni Bowlin day of the week stamps came in handy. I think any day/month stamps are essential to Project Life. The love card is just a doodling of mine from a night we were watching some TV. I'm planning on putting a little picture of us together up at the top and maybe a little bit of washi at the bottom to finish it up. 


The last one for today is as simple as a scrap of patterned paper, a sticker, and some quick doodling around the outside. 

And think of it this way: If you take 20 minutes during the day, 2 or 3 days a week, to make a fun journaling card, you'll have some awesome goodies for your scrapbook at the end of the week. When getting around to putting together your pages, you'll be super thankful for those couple of minutes that you took out of your day to make something uniquely you.


The best thing about making journaling cards in advance is that you can always add more to them later on if you wish, and if you're running short on time, they're ready to go.  The Becky Higgins blank grid cards are inexpensive enough that I don't really feel bad if I don't use them all immediately. Like I said originally, sometimes it just feels good to make something crafty when you have a couple of extra minutes. 

Thanks for stopping by, 

--Kristin

PS. Stop by my new facebook page or click on the 'like' button in the upper right hand corner! www.facebook.com/pages/Rukristin-papercrafts