Saturday, March 24, 2012

ProTip: Extending the Life of Scissors

Quick Tip: How to extend the life of your scissors. 

Whenever I feel my scissors start to stick and feel a little gummy, I know its time to clean them. Cleaning scissors is super easy and one of the most effective ways to keep them around for as long as possible.

What you need: 

  • Dirty scissors 
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Q-Tips
Step One: Grab your supplies (I have two bottles of rubbing alcohol--obviously you only need one)


Step Two: Soak the Q-Tip in a little bit of rubbing alcohol (until the tip is sufficiently wet)


Step Three: Use the Q-tip to clean the blades of your scissors. Press down as hard as necessary to get off all the sticky stuff. Repeat as much as needed. I usually go through two Q-tips for each pair that I clean. Remember to clean the narrow sides of the blades too!


Now you can have awesomely clean scissors, and they'll last longer and work better!