Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Making Memories: A Fun Single Small Photo Layout

Hey Everyone! Today I'm going to be sharing a layout I made with the Trinity Paper Arts Sincerely collection for National Scrapbooking Day. 

I got to use my Silhouette for both my title and several of the elements in this layout. I love how much use I get out of it -- its the best thing for titles since the invention of thickers!


I love the plum and grey color theme to this line--it gives off this passionate vibe. I thought it would be perfect to document how much I love all of the memories that Jeff and I share together. 

I started this layout with the banner strip from the Sincerely sticker sheet. I ran it across the page, and outlined it with a black pen to make it stand out a little more.  I then added a few more elements from the sticker sheet, cutting a couple of stickers in half (why waste half a sticker if its just going to be hiding underneath something). I trimmed my photo to a 'polaroid' shape and laid that on the top of my banner collage. 


Underneath my title are two more halved sticker pieces. To create the straight lines when cutting your stickers in half, take an exacto knife and a ruler, and make a smooth cut right through the center. This way you can leave the other half of the sticker on the sheet for a later project. 


I wanted to give this layout some personalization, so I did a lot of doodling around the edges of several of the elements as well as a bit of fussy cutting with the birds. 


A quick close-up of my hand-written journaling. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!