Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Organization: Ikea Raskog Cart

I've had my eye on this cart for a couple of months now. I first spotted it on Pinterest, and its been in the back of my mind ever since.
On Friday, Jeff went to Ikea and picked it up for me -- a total and wonderful surprise :) 

I put it together over the weekend, and man is it sturdy. I am super impressed with it, and I am totally enabling here and telling everyone they should go out and get their own (it also comes in a really pretty turquoise).


It holds so much stuff, it really gave me a ton of new space in my scrappy area -- and since I scrap in a common area of the house, it'll be really easy to just roll it out of the way when we have company.

What's in my cart:  



The top tier holds two of my bigger organization containers. On the left is a blue basket (from 5 & Below) that holds all of my taller embellishments. Lots of stickers, labels, flair, journaling tags, etc. 

And that big yellow thing is a vintage canister set from my mother-in-law (its supposed to hold sugar, tea, flour, etc). But after decorating it a bit with Amy Tangerine Washi tape, it works perfectly for extra scrappy storage. One canister holds brads/buttons, extra stamps, etc -- I tend to rotate that around often. 


The second tier has all of the bowls that I keep on my desk while I'm working. One has all of my 'current' stamps (mostly Studio Calico), one has 'new/small embellishments', and the other has 'SC kit embellishments'. Those will eventually get placed in the big blue basket if I don't use them within the month. 


And the bottom tier has a bunch more baskets. One holds my Prima and Jenni Bowlin ink pads, a box of Mr. Huey's, Project Life journaling cards, extra pens, and markers. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Follow me on: 
Instagram: rukristin

Lots and Lots of Love!
K