Thursday, July 26, 2012

Project Life | July Week Two: Orange & Teal


Project Life | The second week of July

Last week I talked about using neutral tones with pops of color. This week's theme was orange and teal. Once again, I cut off the last quarter of a  Photo Pocket Pages - Design F Becky Higgins page, and used that as my base. 


And the closeup shots:


My title pocket has a silhouette cut with some stamping and washi. 


I've incorporated lots of handwriting in this week's spread, and I'm definitely heading that way from now on. I'll have an upcoming article in Scrap365 on handwriting and making your handwriting work for you. 


I bought a couple of wax crayons to write on slick surfaces, I used a teal one on the strawberry photo to add a little color to that white space. 


Quick self-pic with a hand-drawn frame around the outside. I like adding a couple of embellishments on the pockets where I'm not trying to tell a story. 


The grid paper really helped to keep my (massive amount of) journaling straight. 


My favorite pocket of the week. The background is from Studio Calico's Hey Day collection -- which is this great peachy-orange color. It really went perfectly with this week's colors. 


I had a bit of a rough week emotionally -- and I snapped this picture and thought it was super melancholy and cute at the same time lol. The colors from this (filtered) photo were the inspiration for the orange and teal theme. 


My last pocket -- more wax crayon on top of my to-do list. I'm a crazy list maker, sometimes I'll put them in my PL book, sometimes they stay in my notebook, and sometimes I like snapping pictures of them -- this pic worked perfectly to document getting ready for Chicago. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. You can check out all my Project Life posts here