Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Layout: He Likes it Hot

Happy Wednesday!

Today I'm sharing a quick 8.5x11 layout. I used a silhouette cut-file from Studio Calico's Trendspotting class to cut out the triangles and placed two different sheets of patterned paper underneath the cut-outs. I added my photo, a little bit more paper, some stamping, and some handwriting.


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the triangle pattern. The same look can be emulated with a craft knife if you don't have a die cut machine. 


To get the raised look, I used several foam dimensional dots around the outside of the die-cut cardstock to make it rise above the patterned paper. 


I layered two sheets of patterned paper underneath the cardstock to give the background a little bit more interest. 

And a little bit of stamping & handwriting at the bottom! 





PS -- There are a few little site changes that you might want to check out: