Thursday, August 2, 2012

Project Life Essentials: My Must Haves



These are my Project Life Essentials. They are all products that I use week-in and week-out. They sit on my table when I'm making my pages, and today I'm going to share them with you. I only recommend products that I use consistently and really love. If you have any questions please feel free to email me or leave a comment at the bottom!

The Basics:
  • Project Life Core Kits (currently unavailable: expected mid-august-september) -- these kits have enough cards to get you through an entire year. I tend to use them sparingly throughout my book, but they are great to have on hand for quick pages and jotting down lists or notes. I have both Clementine and Cobalt; but I'm also liking the look of the new Cherry kit as well. 

  • Project Life Grid Cards (currently unavailable) -- I use these all the time; both for Project Life and for various notes and lists I write for myself. I even use these cards to sketch out my Project Life layout for the week, the grid lines help to keep everything even. 

***Don't worry if these are unavailable; its super easy to use your own stash to make all the cards you 
need. 

The Tools
  • Fiskars Softgrip 8-Inch Scissors - I've tried lots of scissors, and these are the ones I always come back to, especially for Project Life. They are a great size, not too big & not too small. I use them every day, and they clean very easily for a brand-new feel every time. 
  • Corner Rounder -- This EK Success punch is the one I use. It's small and fits on my desk. It works every time and never gives me any problems. 












  • Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher -- This is by far my favorite little tool. It's a strong mini stapler that has a good reach. Its great for attaching ticket stubs or any other memorabilia, and for adding a little bit of texture/dimension.

  • Zig Millennium Markers -- These are my main journaling pens. They are a pure black color. I use all the sizes but I'm most partial to the .005 for fine writing, the .03 for regular journaling, and the .08 for a bolder look. 
  • India Ink Pen -- If I had to use just one pen for the rest of my life; this would be it. It has a great feel, and it writes super smooth. The color is a bit of a faded black, which I really like. Sometimes the Zig markers are just too harsh of a black, and this India Ink pen has just the right amount of fade to blend into pages and pockets that are a bit more muted. 




Paper & Embellishments
  • 6x6 Paper Pads -- I love working with the smaller size paper for Project Life, the prints are all shrunk down and look better in the smaller pockets. A few of my favorites: Studio Calico: Classic Calico (probably the best neutral 6x6 pad out there), Crate Paper: Storyteller (love the muted tones & map pages), Studio Calico: Hey Day (love all the various & well coordinating colors). 












  • Clear Stamps -- Stamps are definitely the most economical embellishments, I use several of the same sets each week. I keep them right on my desk with a couple of ink pads and integrate them into almost all of my PL pockets. Here are a few of my most used sets:
 Studio Calico: Stepping Stone Alphabet 












  • Hero Arts Shadow Inks -- I love the saturation of these, they ink a bit blotchy at first, but then spread out as they dry to a really pretty color. I use wet cement the most, followed by soft pool & butter bar. I just recently ordered soft pink & the new neon colors

   

  • Washi Tape -- I have lots of washi. I use washi on pretty much every pocket. You get a ton of it on a roll, it can act as ribbon, patterned paper, sticker, access. Two Peas had a great tutorial on using washi in Project Life, I was lucky enough to guest design for the challenge. Washi suppliers: Freckled Fawn, Love My Tapes, & Two Peas has a good selection. 

    These are my most loved Project Life products; the essentials that I need each week and can't go without. I'll keep this list updated to include any new products that make their way into this list. If you have any questions at all, feel free to leave them in the comment section and I'll do my best to answer them!