Friday, November 16, 2012

Guest Post: Viji's Project Life

Today I'm sharing a guest post from Vijiand her thoughts on Project Life
------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone! My Name is Viji and I am happy to be a guest blogger for Rukristin papercrafts. Today I am going to share with you a weekly layout from my Project Life. I have a huge backlog right now. I am stuck in July first week! It is an overwhelming backlog. But, I have broken the whole process into steps to make it easier. 


I have already printed out all the photos till October 1st Week. I have arranged the photos in the PL photo sleeves. As of now, I have about 8 PL layouts totally complete. I should have had 12 PL layouts for three months, but I had a few one page weeks and there is a vacation in between for which I am doing a mini album. I don't stress on every week being a two pager! Some weeks I have lots of pics and sometimes I don't. At times my weeks are filled with majority of the photos from one occasion and just a few other random pics. I make it my own:-)

The next step was to start adding journaling spots and all the doo-dads to the page. Once you are done with that, I pick a time when there is no noise (I have a 3 year old boy who can be very needy just when I decide to get scrappy:-) ) and journal. One I finish journaling, I add the dates. I usually never add the weekdays. Just the dates. I always have a lot to write. You will see:-) So here is my page.


Photobucket

We gave Anurag ( my 3 year old boy) a Mcqueen for his 3rd birthday. It was a surprise and he was super excited to see it! I love the bright red thickers. I used die-cuts from Shine by Basic Grey. I love the Polaroid transparency! It says 'friends forever'. I used Sharpie to journal on the transparency bubble. I tried stamping on the photo, it didn't work. The photo is printed on Matte paper. I usually do Glossy. I love stamping directly on photos. It looks fab, if it is done right. I tried all kinds of inks. I always have my 6X6 paper pads next to me, when I am working on PL. I prefer not to cut into a 12X12 page for PL. It is either that or scraps from my stash/journaling cards.

Photobucket

I have a 6X6 insert in this weeks PL. I love inserts! I think it adds an element of surprise to the page and makes it different from the previous one. Shilpa and Anurag make a great team! They always have a blast whenever she comes home. I used Ali's Edwards Stamp 'remember this'. I love all her stamps. They are perfect for PL! Added a little tag, held by tiny staples for journaling. 

Photobucket

Anurag loves to 'Swish-Swish' with the wipers on his car. He asks for water in a cup everyday. He then pours water onto the wipers and does 'swish-swish' to wipe it off. Just like the rain! I had cut out the tab for another project. I used that gap to add a sentiment. The 'What's Up' pin is by basic grey. I am loving all their new collections at Joann's. Pretty cool! I also added the freckled fawn arrow washi tape. Isn't that tape wonderful!!

Photobucket

For the Second half of the page, I used Design G by Becky Higgins. I love this design and tend to use it a lot. I added a 'You are Here' tag by Knock-Knock for the playroom pic. It was too big to fit in the sleeve, so I have just glued it on the outside. I think it will stay in place. The photo of Sid(my hubby) kissing Anurag is so adorable. I just had to put that in. I added a Amy Tan sticker on it and a little transparency bubble to add journaling. I also added the cutest pin ever, the clothes hanger with a tag for journaling by basic grey on the pottery photo. I love that pin, it is sooo adorable! The 'You said What?' card is by Pebbles. Worked perfect with the photo of Anurag inking the edges! LOL, someone watches me closely ;-)

Photobucket

For this layout, I have used die-cuts and embellishments by October Afternoon,Pebbles,Basic Grey, Knock-Knock,American Crafts, Freckled Fawn, Doodlebug,Sassafras, among various other. I have used papers from different manufacturer's. I love to mix and match. My PL is absolutely colorful, just like my wardrobe!! PL is very personal and I believe there is no wrong or right. It is fun to make it your own.I would love to see your PL pages as well. If you are behind on PL, share your tips to catch up. I would love to know! Please share a link in the comments! I can't wait to see your pages:)

I am found at my blog 'Snippitysnap's Scrapalicious World'. I would love for you to visit me. I live in houston and am married to my college sweetheart who totally supports my crafting! I have the most adorable little person in my life, my 3 year old boy 'Anurag'. My family loves looking through the project life album. It has become a huge part of our life! 

I thank Kristin for giving me this guest blogging opportunity! I hope to bring you something new next week! Have a good weekend and keep those PL pages coming!