Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Guest Post: Katina's Journey to Project Life

I'm very excited to share a guest post from Katina. Here's how she discovered her love of Project Life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, my name is Katina and you find me online at Loving Life’s Little Blessings (http://www.twochicsandacricut.blogspot.com) and I fell in love with scrapbooking when I was a teenager.

As a child we moved and lot and I ended up with no memorabilia from my childhood. As I got a little bit older and entered into a new stage in my life with a husband, and children it became increasingly important to me to establish traditions, take photos, and record our life so that we would all have something to remember days gone by.

I began my “scrapbooking journey” by taking photos of major events in our lives. That is what I thought “Scrapbooking” was all about. Christmas, Birthdays, Holiday, Vacations!




I honestly enjoyed the process of creating these scrapbooking pages. I loved pouring over these layouts for hours at a time.

However, as time went on 2 things happened. The first was our family grew, and my time decreased dramatically, and I began longing to capture the everyday moments that were passing by so swiftly.

I couldn’t understand how to take 1 photo of one moment in our everyday life and make it into a 12x12 2 sided layout.

After I had my 3rd child in 4 years I was working this layout



It took me two hours to complete, and it was in this very moment I realized why people said to me all the time “That is great that you scrapbook, but I can’t, I just don’t have the time.”

In this moment I had not only Andrew’s first year album in the works, I had a family album I was working on, and my second Daughters 1st year album wasn’t finished.

I knew that I couldn’t take two hours for every single layout that I did, and I didn’t know how to do it any other way.

It was that very night I had been watching Youtube videos as I was scrapbooking that I came across a Becky Higgins Video – You can watch it here.

It changed my life!!!!!!!

I could go on, and on about the weeks of researching Project Life, but I won’t. The point is simple. I found it, and I embraced it whole heartily.

I couldn’t buy a core kit or page protectors right away, so this is what I did. I used what I had. (Which might I say was a lot).


Guest Post - November 21st

VIEW SLIDE SHOW DOWNLOAD ALL

This album has 4 photos and will be available on SkyDrive until 2/6/2013.

As the new year is approaching I've decided to purchase a core kit and page protectors! It’s my belief that this is the simplest and most effective way to keep up on my memory keeping.

I've found that Project Life has made me more aware of these everyday moments that are so precious, and Project Life has given me permission to record these moments, and I love it. Scrapbooking can be done, and its worth doing!