Monday, November 26, 2012

Introducing PoliticatGirl

Hey everyone,

As the current school semester draws to a close, I thought I would share what I've been working on for the last few months. I'm in my last year of school; studying political science and women's & gender studies. I'm currently working on my Senior Honors Thesis at Rutgers University.  I've started keeping a separate blog so that I can document the experience and share my progress.


I've been a little hesitant to share my schoolwork here because it is political in nature, and I try very hard to keep politics out of my scrapbooking life. But its a huge part of my life right now, and I get a lot of questions from my scrappy friends. So I've decided to take the plunge and share it with all of you. 

My thesis topic is The Decline of Republican women in the US House of Representatives: What is the Partisan Gender Gap and Why is it Happening? Basically I'm looking at the decline in Republican women being elected to Congress. What are the causes? and how can we fix it? 


I will be updating regularly (about once a week or so) on the progress that I'm making; what I'm struggling with; and any advice for people who might be thinking about undertaking their own research in the future. 

I also have a separate twitter account where I tweet political related information. Ideologically speaking, I tend to be a progressive Democrat with a strong love for the Constitution. I think we make the best progress when all the ideas are brought to the table, so I love talking with anyone about political theory, philosophical beliefs, etc. So if that's something you're interested in, please drop me a line.