Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Guest Post: December Daily with Shay Tibbs!


Today I'm sharing a December Daily post from one of my best scrappy friends, the lovely Shay Tibbs. Shay just opened a brand new shop & coordinates the awesome Social Media Butterflies blog hop that I participate in. We got to hang out a whole bunch over the summer at CHA in Chicago, and I can't wait to see her in January. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helllllo fellow December Daily lovers!

As we begin to get ready for this incredible upcoming holiday season, I thought I would share a little bit about how I prep for my own album. After using last year's Studio Calico/Ali Edwards kit, I really fell in love with the 8x9 size, so set out to find something similar, even though I DID pre-order the SC kit again this year.



 I'm a HUGE memorabilia junkie for DD, and didn't think the 4x6 was going to be quite big enough for this project, I plan on using it later in the year for a mini album. Instead, I chose to use the Studio Calico Handbook-- I LOVE the page protectors!!!!

Some people go ahead and add the numerals to their pages, but I like to just have a bunch of bases ready to go, depending on what we end up doing that day! I DO go ahead and stamp out some tags, journaling cards and attach some doilies & embellishments. For example, I had a BLAST making this siL file for my silhouette using the Skitch app on my cell phone. In case you missed my post about this incredible app for the iphone, make sure you check it out here.

I made this card for my December Daily using items in my brand new shop, but thought you'd LOVE to be able to play with it yourself for other projects! I like using cards so I can hide journaling & pics, and make it fun for my little guy to go through the album!

























Download the FREE file & make sure to link up below or drop me a line on my blog if you use it so I can see how you used it on your own December Daily or holiday projects!