Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Keep Your Holiday Notes in Here!

Today I'm sharing a Basically Bare mini-book that I transformed into a book to keep all my holiday notes & memorabilia in.



Throughout the holiday season I like to keep a notebook with me so that I can jot down gift ideas, keep receipts  gift cards, etc. I use a book with envelopes inside so that I can keep things a little secretive; I don't just want to leave my gift list out in the open.
I took the Basically Bare Krafty Keepsakes album and fixed it up with lots of fun holiday papers and embellishments. Xyron provided the adhesives for this book and I'll show off how I used them below.


I used some of my trendy holiday journaling cards for the cover. I used the Xyron mega runner to tape the journaling card to the cover; which was pretty easy to use, and there's a bunch of adhesive in there so it's pretty convenient. I'll probably be keeping it on my desk from now on. 


I used the runner to attach all the paper parts to the cover. 


After taping down all the paper parts, I added some flair and arrow die cuts to the cover. 


For the thicker flair I opted to go with the glue stick method. The bottom of the flair had a little bit of a thicker rim and the glue attached pretty well. 


For my second thinner piece of flair, I opted to run it through the little X sticker maker. This will only work on really thin flair embellishments.


It's also pretty great for embellishments that have small parts that can be a pain to glue down.


Thanks so much for stopping by today and a bit thanks to both Basically Bare and to Xyron for their great products.