Friday, February 22, 2013

Taking the Currently Journaling Challenge Outside the Box

Today I'm sharing a special guest post from my friend Shay Tibbs. She's sharing a great twist on the Currently Journaling Challenge -- an in-depth monthly mini-album. For this month's album she used the new Candy Shop printable collection available in the shop. Just print and go. . 

As much as I LOVE to join in with everyone on fave styles, classes, challenges & prompts I have never liked doing things like everyone else, I like to be a little bit more unique-- even if it means LOTS more work for me lol I totally adore Kristin, and her Currently series, but of course I couldn't just print out the cards and handwrite my answers each week. I HAD to make it a big project, add it to my to do list & turn it into a "thing" lol I'm sure some of you can relate to this, and wanted to share with you today just how awesome some of those ideas can turn out pretty great!


When Kristin announced her first Currently blog hop, I was all in and she knew it. Recently, I had just gone to Paper Source and bought mini file folders on clearance. Immediately I KNEW I had to make a file folder mini out of the currently prompts, and decided that I couldn't do a weekly card, but a monthly mini would be perfect for me. Here's the first one I made, for the blog hop:



This month, I made it all about traditional February colors, using the new cards available in Kristin's shop, and  a file folder I cut from my Silhouette Cameo. 







Learn more about the Currently Journaling Challenge and start writing your story!

Currently is a weekly journaling challenge designed to fit in perfectly with Project Life. It can also easily be tailored to fit whatever your personal memory-keeping style is.

Every Friday, I share my Currently list journaling card here on my blog, as well as on various social media sites like TwitterInstagram, and Facebook.


Join the Currently community and meet great new friends.  To play along, leave your link in the widget below and use the hashtag #CurrentlyList on Instagram and Twitter to share your Currently List and find great inspiration from other people around the web! Bookmark the Currently Journaling Challenge main page to stay up to date with all things #CurrentlyList.