Thursday, April 4, 2013

Handwrite Your Story. Project Life: March 9th - 15th


rukristin Project Life Full Week



Here is my most recent Project Life spread (originally appeared on the Persnickety Prints blog). I wanted to take a minute to talk about how easy this spread came together because of the willingness I put into handwriting my story.

For me, Project Life is a narrative style of scrapbooking, its about documenting the everyday moments -- the right now stuff.  I love telling the stories but I don't like being bogged down with perfecting every detail. Nothing in my life is perfect and I'm okay with documenting it just like that.

Here are a couple more photos of the photos + handwriting approach I've been taking for the past few weeks. All of the writing was done using Sakura Microperm pens -- these have been my go to pens since I picked one up at CHA this January -- they're permanent (no smudging on photos) and have a really great tip for precision writing.

NYC Closeup 

Food Closeup

Sick Day Closeup

How are you incorporating handwriting into your storytelling? What are the roadblocks to handwriting more often? Tell me about your handwriting struggles and we can get through them together; leave a comment below and I'll make sure to follow up with any advice I can.

If you enjoyed this Project Life Post: Let me inspire you on a regular basis. Subscribe to this blog & follow me on TwitterInstagramPinterest, or Facebook for fun #ProjectLife updates.