Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Key Largo Handbook: A Guest Post from Christine

Today's post is a guest post from up and coming scrappy blogger Christine Cieri. She's sharing a beautiful completed Handbook mini album from her recent vacation to Key Largo. I'm so excited to show off her fantastic project! Make sure to leave her a comment and let her know your favorite part!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiii everyone! My name is Christine and I'm so excited to be guest blogging here at Rukristin papercrafts. Today I'm going to share with you a vacation mini album I created and I hope you enjoy!




I started scrapbooking in 2005 when I was a senior in High School and I got my first digital camera. I still remember buying that first camera and wow, it changed my life. I am an avid scrapbooker and can't imagine doing anything else I love more in my spare time. I l.o.v.e. scrapbooking and preserving my memories this way instead of keeping them in a unsorted box. I enjoy doing mostly layouts, mini albums and Project Life (just started this year!).  If you'd like, come follow me at http://christinecieri.blogspot.com/ and see more.

When you get back from vacation are you as crazy as me? Do you want to just look at all the pictures and memories you captured and then get them into a book? I DO! I just finished up a family vacation to the Florida Keys and couldn't wait to do a mini album capturing all the little details..

For this project I used a lot of new collections, bits and pieces from each. I knew I wanted to use Studio Calico's Sundrifter collection as the colors and well, the name of the line are just perfect for a Florida vacation. The new Yes, Please</ span> by American Crafts (Amy Tangerine) was also a must for the fun bright colors. I used a few bits and pieces from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection as well and then hit up my scrap bin and a few of my everyday favorites I always fall back on. 

For embellishments, I  fall back on washi tapes, enamel dots and wood veneers.  I have a weakness for wood veneers and always seem to add them to anything I'm working on.  Does anyone else have any product that they can't live without in their works?


Feel the breeze...sometimes the picture speaks for itself.  Such
a beautiful view with a little breeze to keep you relaxed.  I cut the "breeze"
with my Silhouette Cameo and used neon purple
Zing embossing powder to make it pop!  The cut is
by
 Ali Edwards, Words
of the Sea
 collection.
 


The pelicans' down in the Florida Keys are everywhere.  Such
a beautiful bird and a great shot!  I added a few Yes, Please die cut embellishments here.


The page on the right is more about the photos.  I added a
digital Ali Edwards word file and a few stickers to finish this page off.  </ span>


The ocean is such a big amazing thing and we had to capture
lots of photos in here.  The water is so clear but being March it
was a little cold but that didn't stop us from getting in.  For these pages I
added lots of blues and greens with stickers and papers.  More of the Yes,
Please collection here and some Amy Tangerine, American Crafts thickers</ a>.




I love these photos captured while swimming.  My little brother
still loves throwing on a mask and a snorkel and swimming around the pool, we all
do.  More Amy Tangerine stickers from her sticker books and a little flair.


Again, I love these vellum polaroids from Studio Calico.  They
bring such attention right where you need it.  The right side is Grumpy Blue,
the crab that was big and bright blue in spots that hung out right in our area of the
ocean.  We named him Grumpy Blue because he ran away very easily and

clearly didn't want any visitors not that it would be advised to attempt to
touch a crab, ouch!



I kept the left side simple and plain on this set of pages.  I did so
because I love how the grey background pops since the right side has see-through
areas.  I love that contrast!


Here is a more detailed shot so you can see that I used the 4 3x4 page
protector and sewed my own box around the vellum polaroids to keep them in
place. 


Here is the backside of the vellum polaroids with pictures placed
on the back as well.  I added a quick stamp to the pink 3x4 card (Sundrifter
Collection.)  The Weekdays stamp was from the Studio Calico Neverland,
Project Life Kit.  On the right side you can see I printed a larger 5x7 photo,
sewed it in place and then I added confetti all along the edges.  I printed my
journaling directly on the photo here using Photoshop Elements.


Here's a detailed shot of the confetti and sewing (I added wood veneers to my confetti as well!)


On the backside of the confetti page I added another 5x7 photo of
my husband and I (love him.)  The right side is a die cut from the Dear Lizzy
Lucky Charm collection.  I added a picture of my dad in the upper right corner

bordered by another beautiful vellum polaroid.



I thought it was more fun to throw in one of these shots so you
could see the dimension a little better (oh those beautiful mint and aqua colors!)


For these pages I used another Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm die cut, hello
sunshine...how perfect is that?!? I love the ombre of the pink paper and didn't want
to cover anymore of it so left it as is.  I decided to add on quick little pop dot
to the heart speech bubble (Yes, Please die cut pack)


On the left I added a beautiful picture of the ocean at one of my
happiest places.  The Salty Sea was a perfect fit in my eyes.  I used Aqua
Zing embossing powder and cut the "salty" with my Silhouette Cameo.  The
cut is by Ali Edwards, Words of the Sea collection.  I added a few wood veneer arrows,
some more papers from Yes, Please and mini letter stickers from the Sundrifter
collection.


Here is a great picture of me and my family in front of the boat in Key
West that we've taken pictures in front of for years and years.  It's really great
when some things don't change...I used the glitter stickers from the Maggie Holmes
collection.  As for the right side, pelicans!  Need I say more?  I added a few more stickers
from the Yes, Please sticker book, a vellum polaroid and enjoyed the simpleness. 



And to finish it all off, a day in Key West.  I used Yes, Please products for these pages mostly, some wood veneers and enamel dots!  The last page will be something more personal just an ending to a great trip

What do you love to scrap the most?  I personally tend to love the vacation layouts and mini albums.

Thanks for looking and I hope I've inspired some of you to go make a mini album of your own!  Remember to check out my blog for lots more inspiration!