Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April is Goal Setting Month

April is Goal Setting Month. 


This month I'm pushing myself to set up and follow through on goal setting. I have a bunch of projects going on around me and I'm struggling to finish them up and move on.

I'm good with short-term goals -- I just put them on my to-do list and they get done. I'm good with long-term goals -- I know what's reasonable and what I can accomplish.

What I have a problem with is medium-term goals. The ones that take just a little bit of extra planning and follow through. So April is going to be the month where I push myself to work on those medium-term goals.

A Couple of Ways I'm Tacking Goal Setting Month:
  • I picked up I Choose: A self-paced workshop from Elise Blaha Cripe and Big Picture Classes. I love Elise's blog and her take on goal-setting and completion is definitely something to aspire to. It's a goal setting workshop and I'm at a point where I really need to sit down and get everything organized, not just some things organized.
Big Picture Classes

  • I'm working on figuring out how to organize my time on a weekly basis. Since starting to work from home I try to spend about 60 hours a week on 'business related things'. The problem isn't actually spending the time working; its spending too much time on one thing and not enough time on other areas. The result is mismatched priorities and an inefficient use of my time. 


  • Set concrete goals for this month:
    • Cook a sit-down dinner 5 nights a week. 
    • At least one blog post each weekday.
    • Finish my workshop. 
    • Take at least 5 pictures a day.
    • Write every day (even if its for 5 minutes). 
    • Not turn on the TV when I'm home alone
  • Set a new long term goal: 52 Meals: Sunday Dinner at Home; I'll be writing more about my 52 Meals project later this week! 

Here are a couple of my favorite goal setting resources:
1. Elise Blaha Cripe
2. Lemon & Raspberry
3. Campfire Chic on Productivity

What are some of your favorite resources? Leave them in the comments below.

Follow along with my Goal Setting progress this month by Subscribing to this blog & following on TwitterInstagramPinterest, or Facebook