Thursday, May 23, 2013

National Stationary Show in NYC

This week Jeff and I went to the National Stationary Show in NYC. Even though I've lived less than a half hour away for most of my life, I had never been to a convention at the Jacob Javitz Center before. Wow is it huge, we walked the floor the entire day and met some crazy talented people. I'm crazy excited to start incorporating the amazing stuff we found into the new shop and new project kits!


A few thoughts about the show: 

  1. Letterpress is the hottest thing. There were lots of great letterpress artists doing totally unique things, it was awesome to walk around and check out all the different art. I can't wait to include some letterpress cards in upcoming project kits. 
  2. I love that there's a Ladies of Letterpress collective. I'm a sucker for women getting together and forming co-ops to help each other out and carve out a real place for themselves.
  3. Journals & Notebooks. Good thing it wasn't a buying show; or I'd have definitely come home with at least 20 different notebooks. If you're a sucker for a good notebook (or 5); be on the lookout for a new section in the store this summer! 
  4. Business Cards. Blew me away. They are like little works of art. Super thick papers, letterpressed, great artwork. I'm totally keeping all of them on a binder ring because they're just that cool. I'm not sure there's a better convention to find awesome, unique business cards. 
  5. Brainstorm. I need all their artwork in my house. Right now. I first saw them at the Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn two summers ago and I've been in love ever since.