Sunday, January 9, 2011

Project Life: Memorabilia--Album Debut!!

I've been hard at work on my Project Life: Memorabilia album. Read more about Project Life: Memorabilia over at Jessica Bree's blog or in my Happy New Year post. I've been dying to show off my album! and a couple of the pages that I've made so far.

The Album: I used a 8.5x11 3-ring chipboard binder that I found at Amazon.com, It's 3" and really sturdy. I'm planning on getting the entire year in here, so I went with a pretty big binder. They also have binders in 1/2" to 4" so anyone who's planning on doing a 3-ring binder, I highly recommend these. The front of the binder also has a translucent pocket, so I can stick some extra memorabilia in the front if I ever wanted to!

Cover

Cover 2

The Pages: Here are my first two pages. I'm going to try to go about this sort of chronologically, I'm viewing it a lot like my December Daily, but with a lot more every day--what am I doing right now kind of stuff. I'm generally using the memorabilia as the page base, and then embellishing or journaling right on the memorabilia.  I'm keeping a stack of 8.5x11 kraft paper with my binder and supplies and using that when my memorabilia isn't big enough/strong enough to act as the base for the page.

Jan1
First Page

Jan1 journaling
Back of First Page

Football1
Second Page

Football2
Second Page with Flap flipped up to reveal journaling

Cover 3
Back of Second Page

The first page is from my favorite Chicken and Waffles place. OMG they have seriously the greatest fried chicken. I had Jeff grab one of their postcards and used that for the base of my first page.  The second page was part of a huge poster that I had hanging in my scrap area. I cut it up and journaled a bit about the last day of the NFL regular season (not the best day ever). 

I have a couple more pages in the works and I hope to post them sometime next week! I've been trying my hardest to finish up organizing all my scrap stuff!! I'm down to just the embellishments and then I'll take a bunch of photos of my new area! I'm really loving it so far. 

PS -- Make sure you check out Jessica Bree's blog post for her PLM album debut! And a quick video tutorial!