Friday, February 4, 2011

Headaches :/

This week has been rough.  Nothing bad happened, I just can't shake these headaches. They've taken over me this week and I've gotten nothing productive done.  I've not been able to be creative at all. When always makes me a little unhappy. So I've been trying to push through it, doing some cooking and writing in the new Keri Smith books that Jeff got me for my birthday. Hopefully they'll ease up a little soon, next week I'll start on a vitamin regiment specifically for headaches.

I don't have much creative stuff to share with you this week. Jessica Bree will be posting a lot more of my PLM book this Sunday, and I'll make sure to share it with you as soon as she posts it. Making this book has been a great experience. I'm really surprised at how much its changed the way I'm seeing the world and living my day-today life. Nothing drastic at all, but making sure to take the time out to document the little things that make my life unique, especially trying to use a lot of "found" materials.  I've been paying a lot more attention to the art and design of advertisements and brochures.

Since I don't have any good art or crafty projects to share, here are a couple birthday pictures from last weekend. Thanks!!

Photobucket
From the Sharon Jones and the Dapp Kings concert on Saturday night--It was fantastic, but there was a real jerk sitting two rows in front of us who had 4-5 drinks too many and was getting to be a real problem with everyone around us. After the show he tried starting fights with pretty much everyone in a 5 seat radius of him. 

Photobucket
I swear I was much happier when we went out for my birthday, but no one else ever takes pictures of me, so I'm stuck with the silly iPhone self portraits :)

Photobucket
Jeffrey at Sophie's. My favorite restaurant in the entire world. This little tiny French bistro that just serves the best food. Everything is always made so perfectly, and the flavors are out of this world. 

Photobucket
Just a photo of the best French Onion soup in the entire planet. I'm usually way full after my soup, but that night I was able to some how channel my inner eating monster and finished my soup, had an entire ny strip steak with potatoes au gratin, and had my own creme brulee. Oh yeah, and an entire carafe of white sangria. It was actually pretty impressive. 

Photobucket
And one of the coolest things about Sophie's is that they come around with this amazing after dinner cordial. Its made with rum and bananas, and it is just so sweet and so strong, but so good. Although it really will just kick you on your ass, so you have to be careful. 

Thanks so much for looking at my photos! I'll be back soon with my crafty content! I promise. 

PS I've been using Instagram (iPhone) for a lot of my PLM photos. Is anyone else using it? I'd love to follow more people! I love seeing everyone's stuff!