Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Recap :D

Hi Everyone!

By the time anyone reads this, it'll be Tuesday, the day after Valentine's Day.  Jeff and I had cute plans for Valentine's Day.  I was excited.  But, if you read my post yesterday, you might remember that he had to fly out to Michigan because his grandmother passed away.  It was not the easiest news to hear, and I was resigned to the fact that my Valentine's Day was probably gonna suck :/

Alas! That was not the case. I got some good organizing in this afternoon, then my daddy and I went out to dinner, then I came home and felt really creative! I finished up Jeff's Valentine's day present (which was supposed to be his birthday present, then his Christmas present), finished up a little mini-book, and a layout! And I was even able to take pictures, and I get to share them all with you! (Its amazing how effective and efficient I am when that cute boy isn't around to distract me :)

Here's the minibook; its a matchbox style flip book with each photo printed out and then put on cardstock stamped with the SC polaroid stamp.  

Photobucket

Two close ups: If I could change anything about this project, I probably would have used less pages, or at least found my heavy duty stapler before I started. It got very difficult to staple through all the pages. 


Photobucket

Photobucket


And this layout that I had SO much fun making! I had misted the cardstock a while back and its kinda just hanging out, then I was totally inspired by the sketch over on the Studio Calico blog, so I was able to whip it up tonight!

Photobucket

A couple closeups, this one was just really fun and artsy. Just kinda kept throwing things down until I liked what I saw. And it was nice to be able to scrap about my Valentine, even if he wasn't here to celebrate with me. 

Photobucket

Photobucket


Thank you all so much for your kind and wonderful comments over the last few days, your thoughtfulness has really given me a lot to smile about when its been hard to smile. Thanks again for reading :)