Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Faves - My Grandma

TGIF Everyone! What is on your agenda this Friday?  Jeff and I are headed off to Atlantic City for the day.  We get to hang out with my parents and my grandma! I haven't seen my grandma in forever and I'm super excited to spend some time with her today!  


So this week, in honor of my grandma, my Friday Faves are all inspired by things I love about her!

1.  http://www.createcraftlife.blogspot.com/ -- My grandma is 100% Polish--both her parents were born in Poland and migrated over to the US in the early 1900's. So naturally, my childhood was filled with pirogies during holidays and the polka at parties.  I came across this Polish Scrapper's blog last week and fell in love! Isn't that just an incredible layout?  


2. My Grandma always loved cameras, she has a collection just like this photo.  She would always tell me how she wanted to be a photographer when she was younger, but family life came first, and she  put that dream off.  But her true photographer spirit lived on as she was able to take amazing pictures on all her wonderful travels

source: photographers.destinspacens.com

3.  Grandma loves Vegas.  Up until very recently she would run an annual trip out there every October.  When Jeff and I went to Vegas, she had great advice on where to go, what to see, and as always--amazing and hilarious stories of her in Vegas.  I just recently finished scrapping my Vegas trip, here is a link to the mini book I created, and a picture of the cover is below. 


4. Jewelery :) My grandma has the most *amazing* Jewelery collection. When I was younger, I remember countless evenings sitting on my grandparents bed, running my hands over the crocheted coverlet, while my grandmother would show us her favorite pieces of jewelry and the wonderful stories behind them.  Here's a link to one of my favorite etsy jewelry shops Faeried Treasures:  Below is a piece I've had my eye on for a while now :)


I hope everyone has a safe & wonderful weekend!