Monday, June 13, 2011

Brooklyn Renegade Craft Fair

Saturday morning Jeff and I headed out to Brooklyn for the Renegade Craft Fair.  It was the neatest thing, it was like Etsy live.


It was a pretty gross day out--that weird drizzle that kinda just stays in the air and gets everything wet.  We had a fun day nonetheless, my sister came with us and we also met up with Jeff's friends who live in Brooklyn.

There were tons of great vendors: jewelry, prints, clothes, paper-crafts, just tons of stuff. I picked up these postcards from Dial M for Michelle.


I bought this awesome notebook from Girlscantell. I am in love with grid-paper notebooks, and this is the perfect size for a little project that I'm working on. 


And my final, and most awesome purchase of the day is this Chalkboard, Handpainted map of the United States. I'd been eyeing this for about 6 weeks now, ever since it was on the front page of etsy. I saw the seller's booth, and had a great conversation with her. I am super excited to put it on my wall!


All in all I had a great time, and I will absolutely be going back there next year. They have a bunch of different shows around the country, so if there's one near you--you should go too! 

I used my Smash book to document our trip out there; I just glued in all of the business cards that I picked up, added some embellishments and journaling. Here's a quick picture of the page: