Friday, April 20, 2012

Project Life | Week 12


Week 12
March 12th-18th



I had so much fun putting this week's spread together. I'm gonna be honest -- its been a pretty terrible couple of weeks, it was really really hard wanting to craft anything at all while my cousin was in the hospital and after he died. But after talking it out with a few people, and a huge influx of really happy scrapping stuff, I was able to sit down and create something I really really loved.

This week's spread was also featured as one of the guest posts for the Two Peas Captured class, a monthly class from Lisa Truesdell about Project Life.

The overarching themes for Lisa's class were washi tape and getting yourself caught up. Since I love love me some washi tape, I had the best time putting this together. I also used a lot of the Studio Calico April kit as well as some of Amy Tangerine's new Sketchbook line.

Photos of each of the pockets after the jump (warning photo heavy!) with some of my favorite tips and techniques.


For my title card, I cut up a 6x6 sheet of Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook collection. I used a lot of Sketchbook throughout my spread this week.  The 'today' card is from ormolu's fact or fiction line. 


Typed up strips of journaling on a grid card, then cut out and adhered to patterned paper. 'Cat, Rat, & Dog' is a chapter in Harry Potter 3, the audiobook I was listening to on my iPod. I really love capturing single moments in time. 


Washi tape and little letter stickers dominated my spread this week -- and I'm really happy with how it came out. They all played their parts, and none of it came out overwhelming. 

I also really love the repeated 'New Jersey' stamped image in grey, with a single image embossed in yellow to make it really stand out -- this would work with any stamp, words or an image. 


Pulled out my Swiss Cheese punch and created some confetti for the grocery shopping pocket. A quick way to add a little bit of whimsy -- they're glued down with a glue pen. 


I really like how the Amy Tangerine thickers really pull the whole spread together and give it a cohesive look. I'm also a huge fan of these new Heidi Swapp Polaroid frames, I doodled around the edge of this one to make it a little bit more unique. 


My last two pockets are just fun shots that I had from the week. There's no reason why every pocket has to be a specific memory or a specific event. I love collecting a couple of photos from the week, grouping them together and journaling about the theme. 

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my Project Life pages. 

If you haven't seen April's Project Life Inspiration Newsletter -- Check it out HERE
It has some great inspiration from around the web, including Amy Tangerine, Geralyn Sy, and lots more. 

If you have any recommendations of Project Lifers for upcoming newsletters, please get in touch with me! I'm always looking for great people who are doing inspirational Project Life blog posts, classes, tutorials, printables, etc. 

And remember you can always email me to get the Project Life Inspiration Newsletter in your email box. The next issue goes live the first week of May!