Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project Life: Week One

 
I'm excited to start Project Life again after a bit of a hiatus last month to work on my December Daily. This will be my second year working on this project and no matter how long you've been at it; Project Life will always be a learning experience. 

In order to be successful at Project Life, you need to make it work for you. 

Last year I decided that I wold use a modified Design F page protector. To get it to look the way I want, I cut off the last column of the page protector and use it like that. 




There are a couple of reasons that I switched to this format:
  • I was getting overwhelmed by the amount of space on the 12x12 page protectors
  • I'm an 8.5x11 scrapper, so the rectangular shape appeals to me
  • I love all of the Project Life products & the 3x4 journaling cards, so I wanted to stick with a PL specific page protector instead of using something else (like a baseball card holder, etc). 
  • This format also gives me a little more freedom to play around with inserts which I would like to do a lot more of in 2013. 


Week One Details: 
  • I went for a minimalist approach this week. I'm not sure if I'll stay this minimalist throughout the year; but with our trip to LA this week I really wanted to make sure I finished up this spread before we left
  • I incorporated the Studio Calico Project Life kit in several of the pockets. I'll be working with the Studio Calico kits throughout the year. I know they're still working off the waiting list; but its a beautifully designed kit and I have full faith in everything Studio Calico makes. 



Project Life 2013 Goals:
  • At least one self picture or a picture of Jeffrey and me together each week. 
  • Write/Journal more throughout my book

 

Currently: 

Currently is a weekly Project Life journaling challenge. Each week I'll be putting one of my currently journaling cards in my Project Life spread. Please click here if you'd like to learn more and play along with a growing community. Check out Currently on Instagram and Twitter using hashtag #CurrentlyList

Looking Forward: 

I love project life and I'm really looking forward to documenting 2013. 

I know what my weaknesses are (printing photos and uploading my PL spread to the internet). But I've also identified ways to help me work through those problems. Hopefully it will make the entire process easier to complete and share each week. 


I will have regular Project Life posts every Thursday. If you are a Project Lifer interested in guest posting please take a look at my guest post guidelines and contact me, I'm always looking to feature new Project Life spreads.

PS -- I'll also be incorporating a lot of the new Seafoam Core Kit into my upcoming weeks -- I love the minimalist design and the color pallet!

Supplies Used: