Thursday, February 23, 2012

Project Life | 1.30 - 2.6


Hi everyone! I'm here to share with you my project life spread from the week of 1.30 - 2.6.  I do my weeks Monday through Sunday mostly because Jeff and I tend to do a lot of full weekend projects and I thought it would be better to keep the weekends together on one page.

As I move forward with this project, I'm finding that I'm liking my pages a lot more. They are becoming a lot more 'me'. Which is really what I want project life to be all about. Lots of little pockets for pictures, thoughts, memorabilia -- a true snapshot of that week from my perspective.

Here's my spread for this week:


I used some of the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line throughout the pages. I really like the idea of working with a kit as I go along, I think it gives the spread a much more cohesive feel, an added layer of emotion. Even though these are all separate panels, the use of a color scheme, or a series of patterned papers really brings it all together. 

More details on each page as well as some of the panels after the jump. 

The Left Side: 


 My birthday week. It wasn't the best birthday, and I struggled a little bit documenting it.  I used a birthday card from Jeff as my week's title page. I think the whimsy of the card fit perfectly with the softer elements from the Dear Lizzy line.


I really love the smash journaling books -- they are great to jot down a quick note or two, and with a few stickers, it completely blended in with the whimsical look I was going for. 


I added my grocery list this week. I need to get better about adding little bits and pieces like that; I still haven't figured out the best way to remember to do that. 

One of the things I am happy about is the picture on the bottom left of the page. Its just a random snapshot of what was in front of me on a Tuesday afternoon. It doesn't really have any relevant meaning to anything other than it was what I was doing at the time -- I'd really like to start adding more of these types of pictures.

The Right Side:


The right side came out much less whimsical than the left side, but that's alright. It actually focuses entirely on one day -- Sunday.  It was one of the first days in a while we had the entire day to spend with each other, and of course my NY Giants won the Super Bowl. So instead of adding in some random boring things from the rest of the week; I focused entirely on the fun stuff of Sunday.


The photo above shows another Smash journaling card -- I kind of just ignored what the card was 'supposed' to be documenting, and just journaled about how I was feeling.  I added the 'awesome' at the bottom with one of Studio Calico's Project Life stamp sets. I've really gotten into stamping lately, just as another layer of interest. 


I always like having snapshots of us throughout the pages. What's the point in having a smart phone if you're not going to take silly pictures of yourself. And what's the point of having silly pictures of yourself  if you're just going to hide them away! 

I also used two of my own printable journaling cards. The gray 'today' card has a jenni bowlin calendar on it with some washi tape, and the 'that was fun' 4x6 card was cut in half to fit in the two smaller pockets. You can get the free printables here: Free Printable Journaling Cards.

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today and checking out my Project Life spread. If you're going to be around this weekend, you should stop by ScrapFreak and check out our Leap Year Crop. I'm really excited to share my challenge with all of you!


-- Kristin