Monday, January 7, 2013

One Little Word: Write










New Year. New Goal. 

I'm usually terrible at making resolutions, or setting lofty goals with no concrete foundation to them.  But for the past several years I've held strong with my One Little Word.


Because its such a small thing, one little word that I can carry around with me all the time, its easy to mold my word to fit into so many different aspects of my life. Ali Edwards brought this challenge to life, and for that I'm very thankful.

This Year's One Little Word: Write

This year I want to write more. I want to make writing an integral part of my life. For me, my writing goals take several forms.


  1. Blogging here with new content Monday-Friday each week
  2. Writing my senior thesis and graduating in May 
  3. Writing and journaling more on my layouts and in Project Life
  4. Writing guest posts for some amazing websites
  5. Writing an e-book by the end of the calendar year 
Projects fueled by my One Little Word

There are so many great projects and challenges out there on the web providing inspiration and support to those looking to better their writing and journaling skills. Here are a couple that I'm working on this year. 

I hope that you'll join me in some of these challenges. If you have any questions; please don't hesitate to contact me -- I usually respond pretty quickly.  

1. Currently 
Currently is my brand new weekly blog series starting in 2013. This project is about taking a minute out of your week to write down what is going on right now. Currently is a great journaling challenge on its own, but also fits in perfectly with Project Life. 

8 Questions. 52 Weeks. Embracing Right Now. 


2. One Year of Journaling

I'm contributing to Lemon & Raspberry's newest workshop One Year of Journaling. Amy puts together fantastic classes (30 Days of Lists) and this one is no exception. 

one year of journaling large rectangle

I'll be contributing to both One Year of Everyday and Our First Year Together. Sign up for one or both courses to get the journaling prompts sent to your email each week. Because its a self-paced course, you don't have to worry about finishing in a set time -- the prompts will be accessible forever. This is another great project to integrate into Project Life.  

Expanding Beyond my One Little Word

One of the best parts about taking on challenges like One Little Word is the community behind them. There are always new friends to make and people who are willing to help you along with your goals. I've found great communities on twitter and instagram specifically. 

What is your One Little Word for this year? What are your plans for using that word throughout the year? If you've written a blog post, I'd love to read it -- leave a link in the comments so I can check it out. 

Throughout the year I'll be tagging my 2013 One Little Word: Write related posted with write; look for more write posts coming soon.